You have to follow these steps for integrating novaPDF SDK in your application:
1. Install novaPDF SDK
When installing novaPDF SDK, a "novaPDF SDK" printer is added in the Printers list in Control Panel.
2. Take a sample and test it
See What sample to choose topic for directions how to choose the best sample for your situation.
3. Copy relevant code from the sample in your application
Be sure you include all next steps from samples:
- customize novaPDF SDK settings using INovaPdfOptions11 COM interface (for instance set the output file name and folder, document info,...). See Profile options topic for a list of all option constants. There are global definition files for all supported programming languages.
- start a print job and write to the printer device context (using functions like CreateDC, StartDoc, StartPage, TextOut,...). Or open a file and print it with other methods, like calling ShellExecute().
4. Test how your application prints to novaPDF SDK
When you print to novaPDF SDK, the generated PDF files have an unlicensed notice on the bottom of the PDF pages. To remove this text please read the How to make the release build topic.