This tutorial shows how to convert JPG to PDF or any image format to a PDF document. You can open your image and with a simple click convert it to PDF for easier sharing. Any image format can be converted (i.e. jpeg, png, gif, bmp, jpg, wpub) to PDF files by using a PDF converter.
To convert an image from its initial format (jpeg, png, gif, tif, bmp, jpg) to PDF, you need an image viewer that has a print option and can open that specific image format. While Windows delivers with its operating system a default image viewer called Windows Photo Viewer, there are a lot of other image viewers that support printing, to name a few popular ones: Microsoft Office Picture Manager and Irfanview.
To convert an image to PDF, select Print from the image viewer and choose the PDF printer (in this example novaPDF) before clicking on OK. If you need to convert several images at once to a single PDF, use Windows Explorer to select all the images for conversion, right-click on one of them and choose the Print option.
How to convert images to PDFs from Microsoft Photos (or Windows Photo Viewer)
Microsoft Photos is available by default in Windows 11 (it is named Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10/8/7 and Vista). By default, when you open an image it will open it with Microsoft Photos. On Windows 10 and 8 however, the photos will be opened using a Photo App and it will take you out of the desktop environment. You can circumvent that by right clicking an image and selecting Open With and from the list of programs choose Windows Photo Viewer.
Regardless of what your current operating system is, the first step is to download and install novaPDF on your computer if you haven't done this already by accessing our Download page. Then follow these steps to convert images to PDFs:
- Double-click the image to Open it in the default photo viewer and then click on Print (or press Ctrl+P).
- Click on the Printer drop-down and select novaPDF. Optionally, you can configure choose paper size and quality. Additional novaPDF settings can be accessed by clicking Options and Printer Properties.
- Click on Print and select where you want to save the PDF file in the Save PDF File As novaPDF window. The PDF will open in the default PDF viewer after it's generated.
This above example shows how you can convert images to PDF using the default Windows photo viewer. But you can use any photo/picture viewer to convert images to PDF, for instance Microsoft Picture Manager, Irfanview or even your own browser as both Chrome and Firefox have support for opening images. The procedure is the same, once you open the image just go to File->Print and select novaPDF from the list of printers to convert photos to PDFs.
How to create a PDF photo album
A PDF photo album allows you to share photos with others using a single file in a format that is widely recognized on multiple platforms (i.e. PDF). Thus, you don’t have to send a batch of photos or share them online, as a PDF can be simply sent via email.
You can convert multiple photos in a single PDF file and thus create a PDF photo album with the help of novaPDF and Windows Photo Viewer.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Using Windows Explorer, select all the pictures for the album, right-click on one of them and choose Print in the list of options to open the Print Pictures window.
- Select novaPDF from the available list and choose how you want to display the pictures in the album.
- Click Print to open the Save PDF File As dialog and fill in the path for your PDF album.
- Click OK to finish the conversion.
novaPDF includes a PDF merging (combining) option, so an easy way to have an updated PDF album would be to create a PDF with your initial photos (following the steps described above), and as the time passes you can add more photos to it. Simply print to novaPDF the new photos and tell it to merge them with the existing PDF album (you can add the new photos before, after or as background/foreground for the existing PDF). You can read more about the PDF merging option here: Merge PDF files with novaPDF.