You can easily convert InDesign documents (.INDD files) to PDF documents directly from Adobe InDesign by using novaPDF.
Adobe InDesign is the industry-leading layout and page design software created by Adobe Systems. It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and ebooks. INDD is the native Adobe InDesign document format for presentation pages created exclusively from Adobe applications. The only external program capable of opening the format is QuarkXPress using the ID2Q plugin.
INDD documents are generally used for books, posters, magazines, fliers, brochures and other publicity material. It includes page formatting and content, associated files as well as styles and swatches for more complex structures. This makes the document format difficult to manage on a large scale business and when interactivity with multiple users is necessary. A PDF document however can do that for you without any quality loss or any major inconveniences. novaPDF can help you convert your Adobe InDesign (INDD) designs into a PDF on the fly this way increasing interactivity, project cooperation and portability on different systems.
Converting INDD to PDF from Adobe InDesign
Here are the steps you have to follow to convert Adobe InDesign documents to PDFs using novaPDF:
- Make sure you have both Adobe InDesign as well as novaPDF installed on your computer.
- Click on File then Open in Adobe InDesign or press Ctrl+O and browse for the project you want to convert to PDF.
- After the document has been opened go to File then Print or press Ctrl+P.
- In the Print window you have a wide range of settings that help you make any last moment modifications on the source file before printing it. Choose novaPDF as the printer and click on Print to create your PDF file.
- In the Save PDF File dialog choose a destination and once everything has been done click the OK button to finish the PDF conversion.
INDD and PDF are not concurrent file extensions. They are used for different purposes and belong to the same company as proprietary formats. PDF is well known for an increased portability, security settings and user interaction so it is easier to work with. On the other hand the INDD format is specifically suitable for more complex projects, advanced page design and technicality so it is mostly used by people in the CAD field.