This tutorial provides a brief overview of the steps you need to do to integrate novaPDF SDK Developer in your application.
You have to follow these steps for integrating novaPDF 10 SDK Developer in your application:
- Install novaPDF SDK DeveloperAfter you've installed the novaPDF SDK Developer, a "novaPDF SDK" printer will be added in the Printers list.
- Take a sample and test itSee What sample to choose for directions on how to choose the best SDK sample for your situation and test it out.
- Copy relevant code from the sample in your application
Each sample provides the full code to help you into integrating it in your application. Be sure to follow these steps when using the sample:
- Customize the novaPDF SDK settings using INovaPdfOptions10 COM interface (for instance set the output file name and folder, document info,...). See Profile options topic from the help file for a list of all option constants. There are global definition files for all supported programming languages.
- Start a print job and write to the printer device context (using functions like CreateDC, StartDoc, StartPage, TextOut,...). You can also open a file and print it with other methods, like calling ShellExecute().
- Test how your application prints to novaPDF SDK
When you print to novaPDF SDK, the generated PDF files have an unlicensed notice on the bottom of the PDF pages. This notice shows up only for unlicensed novaPDF SDK applications. To remove this text please read the How to license novaPDF SDK section.