On this page:
Why do I receive "Activation error"?
There are several possible causes for a failed activation. Whenever activation fails you'll receive a response that offers explanations on what the error is. Here are the possible error codes with explanations:
-  Invalid registration key – that means the key you entered is not in our database or the format is wrong.
-  Invalid computer code – that means the computer hardware ID format is incorrect.
-  This key was deactivated and cannot be used again – it means the key you entered was blacklisted.
-  Too many copies are using the same product key – it means you exceeded the maximum number of activations allowed for that key.
-  The current registration key is invalid – means the key was not found in our database
-  The current registration key is not activated – means the key you are trying to deactivate is not active.
-  This key is not valid for this application – it means the key you entered is valid for a different edition, but not for the current one.
-  This key has expired – it means you are trying to activate a key which expired
-  This key was issued for a previous version of this application – it means you are trying to activate a key from an older major version of novaPDF
-  The promotional product key you entered was already activated on more computers than allowed – it means you are trying to activate a promotional key that exceeded the number of allotted activations
-  Your license key has been upgraded and cannot be used anymore – it means you are trying to activate a key that was upgraded to a newer version
-  Your license key has been downgraded Invalid registration key – that means the key you entered is not in our database or the format is wrong. and cannot be used anymore** – it means you are trying to activate a key that was downgraded to an older version
-  This product key was activated too many times on this computer – it means you are trying to activate a key that was already activated/deactivated multiple times
-  This product key cannot be activated on this computer – it means your computer's hardware ID was blocked for this key (you should contact support)
Why do I receive "Invalid Product Key" when activating?
If you receive an "Invalid Product Key" error when you try to activate your license, it means that the entered license does not match the pattern of our valid keys or it's not currently in our database. If you know that you purchased this key from us this might happen because you entered it wrong so please copy/paste the key again and try to re-activate. If it still doesn't work and you have a valid license key, please contact us.
What is "Invalid HWID"?
This error is returned when the hardware on your system is not properly identified due to limited rights of the currently logged in user. Re-login as an administrator user and retry the activation.
Why do I get the error "Sticker blacklisted"?
You receive this error because your license key was manually blacklisted by us. If you believe this was done in error please contact us.
Why do I receive "Too many copies are using the same product key"?
This error is returned when you activate a single license key more than it is allowed to do so. If you purchase a single license you are allowed to activate it on a single computer. When you try to activate it on another computer you'll receive an error. If you want to move your license to another computer, you have to deactivate the license from the old computer before trying to activate it on the new one. Simply uninstalling the program from the old computer won't deactivate the license.
What is "Extra trial expired"?
For users that need to test our program more than 30 days we issue manual extra trial keys that expand the test period. However those licenses expire too and when that happens this error is returned. You will have to purchase a license to continue using the application after the extra trial period expires.
Why do I receive the error "License issued for previous version"?
You receive this error when you try to activate a license for a previous version of novaPDF. If you want to use and activate the new version, you will have to purchase an upgrade here: www.novapdf.com/buy-now.html