After purchasing a novaPDF license you will receive an email that contains your licensing details (Product key, license file). To continue using the program you must activate it online and validate the licensing details in a few quick steps.
Step 1 - Manage your licenses
After your key is validated, the Manage licenses window will show up with details regarding your product key.
This will give you more information about your product key and options to decide how many licenses you can activate on the current computer:
- Desktop. This is selected by default and will activate 1 license on the current computer where the application is installed. If you purchased just a single license leave this field as it is with its default value.
- Server. This option only shows up if your product key has more than 1 licenses available for activation. If you own more than one license, you can select Server to have the current computer act as a PDF printing server. Basically other computers will connect remotely to the server to print.
- Unlimited. This option only shows up for product keys that include unlimited licenses (Site, Country or Worldwide licenses).
You can also click on the Manage licenses online link to create an account on our website from where you can manage your licenses (upgrade, delete activations, i.e.).
Step 2 - Enter activation details
You can add your activation details for the current product key as follows:
- First/Last/Company Name. Enter the name you want this copy to be licensed under.
- Email. Add your email address to have it associated with your license. If you create an account online using this email address, you will be able to manage it online (i.e. recover the product key, delete activations, upgrade).
- Computer information. This will automatically display the current computer name and its code. You can write additional details in here in case you want to activate the application on multiple computers and want to differentiate them easier.
- Comments. Enter here additional comments regarding this activation. These comments will be shown in the online account so it is a way for you to remember why you activated a license and where you activated it (doesn't affect the activation in any way no matter what text you enter here).
Step 3 - Activation results
If the licensing information is valid, you will get a confirmation message saying the application has been successfully activated. If the information in one of the fields is not correct you'll receive an error and you'll have to retry the activation after correcting it.
After you close the the confirmation message, you can see your licensing details on the About page with additional options to Change key, Deactivate, Reactivate, Register and Add/Upgrade/Buy licenses online.