novaPDF SDK is a PDF software development kit that programmers can use to add the ability to create PDF files in their own applications. As a COM Object, novaPDF SDK can be integrated in any Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/2008 Server/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)/Windows 7 application programmed in a language that supports COM Objects (C/C++/C#, Visual C, Delphi, Visual Basic ...).
novaPDF SDK is a pre-processing PDF development tool, we also offer a post-processing tool called novaPDF OEM.
novaPDF SDK includes:
- a COM interface for customizing novaPDF printer options.
- novaPDF SDK documentation including several code samples (ASP.NET, C#, C++, Delphi, Java, Ms Access, Visual Basic, VBNet)
- novaPDF for SDK printer to distribute (royalty free licensing - can be configured to not show in the list of Printers and to create PDF files a temporary printer would be added)
Details regarding novaPDF SDK:
- A COM object has to be integrated into your application. novaPDF SDK works with most programming languages (C/C++/C#, Visual C, Delphi, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Java ...).
- It is mandatory to distribute the novaPDF for SDK printer in your application's setup. This is done under royalty free licensing (you only pay for the SDK license). If you don't want to show novaPDF for SDK under the list of Printers, you can use a temporary printer each time your application creates a PDF file (meaning the client won't see novaPDF in the list of printers)
- You can integrate it without ordering, and purchase a license only after you have fully tested it.
- The licensed novaPDF SDK (COM object) lets users create PDFs without the watermark only from your application, not by printing directly to the printer. Registering the COM object does not register the novaPDF for SDK printer.
- If you purchase a license you get free priority support.
novaPDF SDK is fully functional with no time limitation. This means that you can download, install, integrate this easy PDF SDK in your application to test and see if it fits your needs, without ordering it. When it is not licensed, the only restriction is that a mention about novaPDF will be printed on each PDF page. For more information on licensing novaPDF SDK, visit the Buy Developer Tools section.
You are not allowed to create a PDF printer driver using novaPDF SDK, or another application similar to a PDF printer driver (whose main purpose is to create PDF files). You can integrate and distribute the novaPDF for SDK printer with your application, but registering the COM object does not register the novaPDF for SDK printer. This means that your end-users will be able to create PDFs without the watermark only from your application, not by printing directly to the printer.
How to generate PDF file with the PDF SDK
You have to follow next steps for generating PDF files from your software:
- install novaPDF for SDK printer on the client machine by using the silent installer provided in the novaPDF SDK (or if you don't want a permanent printer to show up on the client computer, you can configure novaPDF SDK to add a temporary printer before each print job, which would be deleted when the job is completed).
- customize novaPDF for SDK printer settings using the provided COM interface (for instance set the output file name and folder, document info, …). All settings are documented in the PDF SDK manual.
- start a print job from your application and send it to the novaPDF for SDK printer. Your document will be converted to PDF.
- you can also register windows messages to receive the printing events (page finished, document finished, errors, …)