novaPDF OEM is a PDF solution that programmers can use to generate PDF files that will be post-processed by their applications. novaPDF OEM can be installed on the 32/64-bit editions of these operating systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista, Windows 7.
novaPDF OEM works as a normal PDF printer (offers the features of novaPDF Professional Server) only that the output PDF file is saved to a location set programmatically during installation using parameters. This means that it has the ability to run on Terminal Servers, through Remote Desktop Connection or to be shared as a network printer. novaPDF OEM is a post-processing solution, if you want a pre-processing PDF solution see novaPDF SDK.
Details regarding novaPDF OEM:
- You don't have to integrate anything into your application. Since no integration is required your application can be written in any programming language.
- It is mandatory to distribute the novaPDF Professional OEM printer in your application's setup. This is done under royalty free licensing (you only pay for the OEM license).
- You can integrate it without ordering, and purchase a license only after you have fully tested it.
- The licensed novaPDF Professional OEM printer allows users to create PDF files from any application with printing capabilities. The resulting PDF files must be accessible only to your application.
- If you purchase a license you get free priority support.
How it works
IMPORTANT - You should not run the setups directly, but only using the command line parameters specified here: Integration Parameters
More details on how novaPDF OEM works:
- from your program's setup you start the silent installation of novaPDF OEM
- when launching the novaPDF OEM setup you use several command line parameters to: add your application's name (it will be displayed on the About page of the novaPDF driver), set a folder where the PDF will be saved (a temporary folder hidden somewhere), register novaPDF OEM, set the PDF file name (fixed name or you can use macros), where to save the files (locally or remote), choose what to do when the file exists in the destination, choose what application to run after the printing (as well as passing specific arguments for this application)
- after the installation of novaPDF OEM is finished, any document sent to it for printing will be converted to a PDF file and saved in the location you've initially set through parameters
- the PDF will not be shown to the user and it must be post-processed by your application
novaPDF OEM is fully functional with no time limitation. This means that you can download and test to see if it fits your needs, without ordering it. When it is not licensed, the only restriction is that a mention about novaPDF will be printed on each PDF page. After your order an application license you will receive an email with the registration key and instructions on how to register and remove the notice from further created PDF files.
You are not allowed to create a PDF printer driver using novaPDF OEM, or another application similar to a PDF printer driver (whose main purpose is to create PDF files). You can integrate and distribute novaPDF OEM with your application, as long as your application does some mandatory post-processing operations to the resulting PDF files.