CorelDRAW is a professional drawing and graphic images application designed exclusively for Microsoft Windows. The technology used in illustrations is vector based and it is included in a full range of editing tools available with the graphic suite for both RGB and CMYK formats management. The CDR file extension represents the proprietary format for the vector graphic drawings created with the Corel Corporation applications. It cannot be edited with any other tools and the only 3rd party program capable of viewing the format is Inkscape. The proprietary attribute and the inability to open them with other applications make managing CDR files a pain if the people do not have Corel installed on their PC. This is why having the file in PDF format for project sharing and development is a great advantage as you can increase the file availability for other people and decrease application dependability in managing it (PDF files can be opened by a wide range of PDF viewers). novaPDF can help you in your conversions easily and with it you can also perform additional actions on the resulting PDF file starting from bookmarks / watermarks and ending with signatures, security settings etc.
Convert CDR to PDF using CorelDRAW
To be able to convert the CDR file to a PDF document you will need to follow these steps:
- Open CorelDraw, click on File –> Open or press Ctrl + O and browse for the drawing that you want to convert to PDF.
- After opening the file, go to Print or press Ctrl + P and from the Printer dropdown list select the novaPDF printer driver.
- After setting up any additional options on the resulting file, click on Print and choose the PDF destination path.
Convert CDR to PDF using Inkscape
These are the things you need to do for converting CDR files to PDF documents from Inkscape:
- Open Inkscape then click on File, Open and locate the CDR file you want to convert to PDF.
- Go to Print, choose novaPDF from the Select Printer list and after making any changes on the file click on Print.
- Choose the file destination and your CDR will be converter on the fly.
Having the drawing converted to a PDF document helps the people to interact with the file faster and better (read, edit, add further information) because as a CDR file it can only be modified if CorelDRAW is installed on the computer.
- novaPDF Printer 1.x - 7.x