After you succeeded to integrate novaPDF SDK in your application (see the How to integrate help topic if you need help with that) you have to follow next steps:
1. Purchase a license
If you want to remove the novaPDF SDK notice from the generated PDF files, you have to purchase a license. There are two types of application licenses:
- SOFTWARE APPLICATION LICENSE. This type of license grants you the right to develop, market and distribute ONE program or ONE software product that integrates novaPDF OEM to an unlimited number of end users without any additional fees.
- SOFTWARE COMPONENT LICENSE. This lets you develop, market and distribute ONE component, ONE wrapper, ONE library or ONE module that integrates novaPDF OEM to an unlimited number of developers without any additional fees. The resulting products that include the component, wrapper, library or module can be distributed to an unlimited number of end users without any additional fees.
After purchase, you will receive an email with next information:
- license key
- license file
- customization file
2. Customize redistributable novaPDF installers with your license
With novaPDF SDK there is installed a tool called "novaPDF Co-Branding". You should run this tool to generate the msi files customized for your license. You can start this tool from the novaPDF SDK installation menu. See the Customize your setup help section for more details. You will need the resulting customized setup files in step 3 below.
3. Install customized printer
For testing purposes install novaPDF running the resulting customized setup files (MSI) in the following order:
- novaPDF8PrinterDriver(x64).msi or novaPDF8PrinterDriver(x86).msi - each of them installs both 32 and 64 bit versions of the printer driver
- novaPDF8COM(x64).msi or novaPDF8COM(x86).msi - install 32 and 64 bit versions of the COM
- novaPDF8SDK(x64).msi or novaPDF8SDK(x86).msi - install the custom, licensed printer
You can install the MSI silently using the following command line instructions:
msiexec /i <msi file name> /qn
You van install the package bundle silently using following command line instructions:
<setup name> /q
To create the final release build you need to create an installation package bundle and run it. See the help section entitled Build an installation package bundle to create that.
4. Print without unlicensed notice
Your printer should be licensed now so the generated PDF files should not have the unlicensed footer notice.