Install novaPDF on multiple computers via MSI network deployment
You can install novaPDF on multiple computers at once by distributing the MSI files via the Group Policy Management Console.
There are several MSI files required to be installed in order to have a functional novaPDF printer driver on the computers where it will be deployed: MSI file for the add-in (Office), MSI file for the driver and a MSI file for the virtual printer configuration. The order in which these MSI files are distributed is important so be sure to install them in this order (for 64-bit operating systems):
- First to install is the Office add-in MSI file. You can download it here: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/OfficeAddIn(x64).msi
- Second, install the Driver MSI file. You can download it here: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/novapdf(x64).msi
- Lastly, install the MSI file for the virtual printer configuration. You can download it here: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/novaconf(x64).msi
For 32-bit operating systems, these are the files and their download links:
- Office add-in MSI file: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/OfficeAddIn(x86).msi
- Driver MSI file: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/novapdf(x86).msi
- MSI file for the virtual printer configuration: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/novaconf(x86).msi
Once you have the MSI files ready follow these steps to deploy novaPDF:
- Start the Microsoft Group Policy Management Console. To do that, go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools and double click on Group Policy Management.
- Right-click on the domain that contains the groups you want to batch deploy novaPDF to and select Create and Link GPO Here. Type a name.
- In the Security Filtering section for this newly created Group Policy Object (GPO), click on the Add... button and select the group of computers you want to install novaPDF on.
- After adding the group(s) of computers, right-click on your new GPO and select Edit... from the right-click menu
- In the Group Policy Object Editor window, open Computer Configuration -> Software Settings -> Software installation.
- Right-click on Software installation and select New -> Package...
- Select the novaPDF installation MSI file from a local/shared folder (if it's a shared folder, make sure you use the full network path - e.g. \\server\Share)
- When asked for the deployment type, select either Assigned or Advanced. Press OK.
- Repeat these steps with the rest of the MSI files in the order specified above.
novaPDF will be installed automatically on the network computers this policy applies to (after they are restarted).
For uninstalling novaPDF via MSI network deployment you need to use the MSI files in reverse order compared to the installation, so you will have to uninstall them in this order:
- MSI file for the virtual printer configuration
- Driver MSI file
- Office add-in MSI file